Our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Policy
The Air Liquide Management:
- Recognizes its responsibility for providing a safe workplace and the protection of the health and safety of employees, contractors, visitors, and the communities in which we operate and live in.
- Is committed to rigorous enforcement of the Life Saving Rules as well as maintaining compliance with applicable health, safety, and environmental regulatory requirements.
- Will commit resources to promote pollution prevention, minimization of waste, and conservation of energy and other critical resources.
- Pledges to operate according to the local Industry Council’s guiding principles of Responsible Care®.
- Places the highest priority of health and safety so that no job that we do is so important that we will knowingly put the health and safety of our employees, contractors, visitors, or the environment at risk.
- Is committed to providing necessary resources and maintaining the management system that we adopted.
Employees and contractors are expected to:
- Stop any job that puts themselves, colleagues, or the environment at risk and report any non-compliance issue to their manager.
- Share this commitment to health, safety, and environmental excellence.
- Conduct Risk Assessment in everything they do to assure that they recognize potential hazards, take appropriate steps to control or eliminate those hazards and are ready for the unexpected.
- Comply with the Life Saving Rules.
- Fulfill their obligation to Responsible Care® by complying with Air Liquide’s health, safety, and environmental policies.
In the event that the unexpected does happen, we will take immediate control action to minimize the impact and conduct a thorough analysis to make sure that the root causes are identified and that appropriate steps are taken to prevent a recurrence. This will include taking systematic actions to address engineering, organizational, as well as human factors.
We will focus on both long-term and immediate success. We realize that when it comes to health, safety, and the environment, one momentary lapse can lead to severe detrimental consequences. We will not rest in our commitment to our employees, our neighbors, or the environment.